Monday, 9 July 2012

Reflecting on Prensky's Ideas...


I think I will start this blog by introducing you to a short quote I found on the official website of Marc Prensky. I believe it is supportive of my beliefs in Prensky's work.



“Digital culture has revolutionary implications for education that too few people grasp. Marc Prensky understands them better than anyone I know. His insights and clarity shine a powerful light on the deficiencies of education in the present and illuminate the extraordinary possibilities of the future.” –Sir Ken Robinson, Author, The Element



To be put quite frankly, technological advancements within a 21st Century classroom are nothing short of inevitable, certain and unavoidable. While opinion and likeability of these progressive technologies may fluctuate between prospective learning managers, there is simply no denying that technology and its subsequent counterparts will undoubtedly play a principal role within the modern-day schooling environment.



What are my thoughts on this ever-present and pervasive phenomenon we call technology? Well! I'm glad you asked. Not meaning to sound pretentious but as a recent school-leaver, I believe it is clearest to  those in a situation similar to mine the sheer magnitude of the importance of embracing and implementing these technologies in future classrooms as we ourselves have only recently departed from the schooling system.

I don't think I can stress this enough but as learning managers, we MUST  be able to see this phenomenon as a positive, new and exciting opportunity that we can implement within our classrooms. If we only see technology as unnecessary, juvenile and ineffective, we will indisputably be doing a disservice to ourselves and unfairly, to the rising generation also. 


Until next time,
Amber!

No comments:

Post a Comment